Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Sunday, January 31, 2016
Chinese New Year is coming up (Feb 8) and we welcome the Year of the Monkey with open arms here in Las Vegas!
Here are our picks for events and sights to see if you're visiting Las Vegas during this time of year.
- Opening Ceremonies at the LINQ Promenade (https://www.caesars.com/linq/events/chinese-new-year-in-the-desert)! Ring in the new year on the Las Vegas strip on Tuesday, February 9th with these grand celebrations, including a ribbon cutting, dragon dance and performers.
- Culinary demonstrations at Le Cordon Blue College of Culinary Arts Las Vegas http://chefs.edu/locations/las-vegas! Various chefs showcase their skills in fruit carving, and noodle pulling on Friday, February 12th.
- Chinese New Year Parade in Downtown Las Vegas, around Fremont and 11th. Starting at 11am on Saturday February, 13th, join the festivities in a street party! More info here: http://cnyinthedesert.com/
- Chinese New Year Fashion Show at the Downtown Container Park (http://downtowncontainerpark.com/) on Saturday, February 13th! The Container Park will also be hosting a full day of events featuring a dance troupe, martial arts demonstrations, and also a lucky draw/raffle if you are feeling auspicious!
- Chinese New Year floral display at the Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Garden! https://www.bellagio.com/en/entertainment/conservatory-botanical-garden.html This ongoing display started Jan 8 and will be available for viewing until March 12th!
Hope you have a fun and safe travels to Las Vegas this Chinese New Year season! Wishing you and your families a healthy, happy and fruitful Year of the Monkey!
Gong Xi Fa Cai!!