Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Mother's Day Shout-Out From the Winky Team

This Mother’s Day, we want to give a huge shout-out to the women in our lives that helped make us the awesome guys and gals we are today. Without them we wouldn't be here following our dreams, serving our fans, and having tons of fun in the process. So we raise our glasses to them and with a resounding shout, we exclaim, “WE LOVE YOU, MOM!”

Winky: “My mother is one of the bluntest and no BS people I know! When she sets her mind to something, she does it, and I have her to thank for some of these traits that I find in myself because I think they're necessary to make it as a tough female entrepreneur! Love you mom, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!”

Vanessa: “I realize I’m more like my mom as I get older, and that’s a great thing! She’s a fighter (she's beat cancer!), an incredibly hard worker, insanely silly (really, you're going to dance in public to embarrass me, lol?!) and the list goes on and on. But the overwhelming quality she possesses is the love for her family. I can only hope to show a fraction of the love she has shown me over the years to my family one day…thanks mom for raising me surrounded with love! It saved me some serious therapy bills!”

Robyn: As time has passed and I have gotten a little wiser, I've realized the saying is true that "Mother's are the glue that holds families together." My mom is patient, kind, survived cancer, runs my dad's business, takes care of my grandma's needs, helps take the burden off my sister by picking up the kids, cooking dinner, household chores, and being the ear that listens to her 3 children everyday. I am thankful and blessed to have a mother who sacrifices and shows us the true meaning of a mother's love.”

Silvya: “My mother is my biggest inspiration and my biggest motivator. She's been both my mom and dad and with a mom like her who needs a dad! I love her so much that words can't describe! I'm so proud of her and I feel very blessed to have her as my mom! Love you mamacita!”

Jesus: “My mom has always been my number one supporter in all of my decisions. She brings me joy and happiness that no one could ever give me. When I feel down she is always there to pull me back up. There is no other way to express my gratitude but to say "I love you mom".”

Gedalya: A little Mother's Day poem for your enjoyment:
My mother, My mother 
She works harder then any other.
She took care of us kids from morning 'til night, making sure we grow up learning wrong from right. 
The years have past and my childhood days were not meant to last. 
As I grew older I moved away and started a life of my own.
But I'll never forget the important lessons I've learned in my mother's home.

Jasmine: “My mom is the weirdest, funniest, and coolest mom I know. She's always been more of my friend than my mom. She's the reason I love the 80's and the only person who will tell me "Yes, that outfit makes you look fat." Haha. Love you, mom! Thanks for everything you've done for me!”

Ife: "My mom, a former flower child from the 60's and 70's, is still a pretty groovy chick! Love you mom!"

This is YOUR day moms! Kick your feet up and enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment