Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Give Me A Beat! ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

Music is a part of me, without it I’d certainly have a miserable existence. Color coordinated in my closet are rows and rows of t-shirts adorned with my favorite artists and bands that I simply could not live without. But here is a frequent problem that I run into…almost all them are too big! I spend weeks anticipating a concert and I go to buy a shirt at the end of the show and they don’t have my size left. Or maybe it was a hand me down from my dad or brother-in-law, either way it's an issue I run into all the time and I’ve heard the same thing from many of my friends.

You have two options: 1. You can wear it as a nighty shirt for the rest of your life hoping you’ll grow into it…NOT. Or 2. Do something about it! You can’t sew you say? Guess what, you don’t have to. Do you own a pair of scissors? Well then you are in luck my friend! There are infinite possibilities when cutting up your own shirts. You can do something as simple as cutting the sleeves off and tucking in the front (like I did), or go nuts with intricate patterns on the back. I recommend practicing on an old shirt first that way if you mess up it's not the end of the world. So now that you know my secret, it’s time to see it in action - enjoy!  

I grabbed this jacket while out shopping and didn’t realize it was on sale 'til the gal rang me up! I did a happy dance in the store! 


I’ve had these jeans for as long as I can remember. Over the years, the once small holes have become more elaborate and larger with wear. I have a tendency to destroy my clothes by accident, but now everyone does it on purpose so it's a win win. 


It’s a bird! It's a Plane! It’s an Earring?! I love these earrings; they don’t irritate my skin since they have a sterling silver back...AND they go with everything.


Most of my leather belts disintegrate in less than a year, but with the recyclable plastic belts I no longer have a belt that's falling apart. You could even do a DIY with this as well and add studs to it.


Clutz is my middle name so having a watch that can keep up with me is a must. The slap watch is pretty sturdy if I don’t say so myself, and it's waterproof for when I forget to take it off in the shower.


I have a slight obsession with leopard...add rhinestone skulls to the mix? I MUST HAVE!

 

Let’s Go Earrings, Air Planes: $15.00 Winky Designs
Leopard Ramones T Shirt: $15.00 Amazon 
Jetsetter Slap Watch: $40.00 Winky Designs
Black Faux Leather and White Canvas Jacket: $12.00 Forever 21
Red Recyclable Plastic: $25.00 Winky Designs
Destroyed Skinny Jeans: $37.00 Wet Seal 
Leopard Ballet Flats: $35.00 Konvine



No comments:

Post a Comment