Well, the answer is simple that it may just be missing something! There are a few items that every fashion-forward woman needs in her closet. Here are our top 10!
1) A Form-Fitting Blazer. A classic, good-fitting blazer is necessary in your closet and can be more versatile than you think. Aside for pairing it with the usual career attire, you'll be able to have some fun and give a casual outfit some class. You would be surprised what throwing a blazer over a pair of shorts and t-shirt can do to an outfit!
|H&M Cotton Blazer|
2) The Perfect Little Black Dress. LBD, of course, is something that has been heard for ages, but what needs to be known about this dress is that it doesn't actually need to be black! That's right, ladies! Go ahead and feel free to choose another color, keeping in mind what works best with your skin tone. This dress has to give your confidence a boost once you throw it on! I promise I am not talking about some mystical, magical dress that does not exist because there is one out there waiting for you!
3) A Good Pair of Jeans. While something as simple as jeans might already be hanging in your closet, they still might not be the right pair. Jeans are no good if they are too big or too small, even if it is just by one size. Ladies, it's time to take note that if jeans are big, then your butt will look awful, and if they are too tight, then those unwanted muffin-tops will say "hey!!". So take a look at your jeans, and if they are not right, then there is no shame in running for a better pair because you will not regret it later.
|Express Mid Rise Performance Stretch Legging|
|Vince Camuto Peep Toe Platform|
5) A Fitting Pair of Trousers. One might not be able to find a magical pair of trousers that fits perfectly so, so don't be scared to take it to take it to a tailor and have it adjusted. Once they are tailored, then it would be like magic because they will fit just for you!
|Express Studio Stretch Barely Boot Editor Pant|
6) A Supportive Bra. A good bra does not mean it has to be pretty and lacey, but rather, give you the support you need! It's surprising how many women wear the wrong size bra, and we recommend everyone stop by their local bra shop or Victoria's Secret to find out their own size. The girls there are professional trained to take care of you and trust, there will be a difference in not only the way your outfits look, but a boost in confidence as well!
|Victoria's Secret Perfect Shape Bra|
7) A Comfortable Shoe. Depending on your style, this could either be a ballet flat or a pair of Converse, or anything in between! Do not feel the need to always carry around 3-inch heels - all the more power to you if you can handle wearing heels all the time. Since most of us are working ladies, you'll need a reliable way to get from Point A to Point B. Don't underestimate the power of a comfortable shoe!
|Timeless Chuck Taylor Converse|
8) A Flattering Skirt. Not going to lie - the type of skirt depends on your body type. Most of the time, many can wear an A-Line skirt for a more flattering look. However, some do prefer the curve-defining pencil skirt, or a mini-skirt to show off them legs! Trying on a variety of different styles of skirts is encouraged to find the one that works the best for your shape. Note the length in the skirts because this will make a difference. To stay classy and conservative, we recommend a hemline around the knee, give or take an inch or two.
|Express A-Line patterned skirt|
9) A Statement Purse. The type of bag being used will make a difference. Make sure your bag is giving the same statement as your outfit. A good choice that can be versatile is a cross-body bag. The strap makes it easy to hang over the shoulder or put-across, so one can be hands-free! Find a cross-body bag that also has an option to take off the strap, so you could wear it as a regular handbag or a clutch.
|Winky Designs Envelope Clutch with removable strap.|
10) The most important items - accessories. Accessories can define a whole outfit and pull it all together. Whether you choose to wear any or not, they do affect your look-of-the-day. Sometimes, even the cutest outfit may be incomplete without a pair of earrings, bracelet or even a good shade of lipstick. We love dainty jewelry that can go with all different looks any day of the week.
|Winky Designs stackable, dainty rings, in 18K gold, silver and rose gold.|
So take a look and reassess your closet! Do you have all the essentials? Once you shop for what is missing, maybe you won't always think "I don't have anything to wear!". A special tip from a friend is to donate anything that doesn't fit properly because it just isn't doing anyone any good. Take note of the body you have and embrace it, and you'll never have a bad outfit day again!