Saturday, October 26, 2013

Vanessa’s Sourcing Adventures in China Pt. 1

For the next couple of weeks I thought it would be nice to give you guys an inside look at what it’s like to travel to China on a sourcing trip through my eyes. But first, let me introduce myself. My name is Vanessa and I work here at Winky Designs as the wholesale and press manager. I am also finishing up my undergraduate studies at the Las Vegas Art Institute with a degree in Fashion Management and Marketing. Before you think I’m Wonder Woman and can do all things at all times, sadly I am not (how cool would it be to have that golden lasso though). It takes a lot of time management and juggling, sleepless nights catching up on work, and sometimes dozing off in class because I got zero sleep during those aforementioned sleepless nights. Even with the very full plate of responsibilities I have in front of me, I always dedicate my all into everything I do and honestly try my best. This is why I was given the AH-MAZING opportunity to go to China with my bosses, Winky and Ray of Winky Designs, and help source for the upcoming seasons. I danced my happy dance of joy (which also coincidently looks like the Snoopy dance in Charlie Brown cartoons but that is neither here nor there) and immediately said YES with a resounding shout. Fast forward a few months and here I am, a college girl with big dreams, sourcing in China. Somebody pinch me. These next few weeks I will give you an insight into what I’ve seen, learned, ate, and bought. I promise it will be both entertaining and eye-opening…ENJOY!

image
The awesomest bear ever, Chinese Shopping Bear!!! My My what thick eyebrows you have..Taken at The Peak in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment