Thursday, January 30, 2014

What to Wear for Valentine's Day ♡

I love my husband dearly but getting him to compliment me on an outfit I'm wearing is basically impossible. I dream of one day coming down the staircase ready for a date, my husband waiting for me at the bottom with a huge grin of approval on his face and flowers in his hand (or maybe sitting on a lawn mower). Yes my fantasies come straight out of a cheesy 80's movie…yes I'm a nerd and that is A-okay! Don't get me wrong, the look he gave me when I walked down the aisle will last me a lifetime, but I'm sure we all feel this way at some point in our lives. What I took away from this was to dress for myself. Getting dressed up and looking snazzy is not something I do often (I'd rather stay home and read a book) but when I do, I want to feel confident and comfortable in what I'm wearing. Valentine's Day is coming up and I thought what better way to grab his attention than with an outfit catered to his liking. So with that said, I raided my closet and I'm ready to strut my stuff! 






 

Black Bootie Heels: $10.00 WetSeal 
Black Flower Tights: $4.99 Rue21
Black Tub Top: $6.50 WetSeal
Shades of Night Clutch: $50 Winky Designs
Open Heart Key Necklace: $100 Kay Jewelers 
Red Velvet Wrap Watch: $120 Winky Designs 
Maroon Knit Skirt By Growze: $78 Boutiqueaholics
White Sweater With Black Lace By Take Out: $27.99 Kohl's 

11 comments:

  1. hi! your blog!!! i love it!!! how'd you get it like that! my name is joy too so i love the watch on the side with the name joy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you look lovely, most men are clueless when it comes to those things....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Lovejoy Styles. The design for our blog took a lot of time, research and several brains to get it where it is.

    Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Brent. I love looking at your beautiful cakes.

    Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about husbands and compliments. Sometimes I think they view the wedding day as the finish line and after that they don't have to try as hard. But you know what? You look beautiful in these photos and the rest of us know it, even if he doesn't say anything. :)

    Jen
    www.lifeunrefined.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Jen! That's very sweet of you :) I just checked out your blog and your story, and you are so beautiful (inside and out). Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog, and I hope you keep reading it!
      - Alexa

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your knitted skirt, it's so different! You look great.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! Thanks and btw I love your blog and especially your travel photos! Thanks for sharing it with us!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete