Saturday, February 8, 2014

Roses for My Valentine

I hear every girl talk about Valentine's Day like it's Christmas. What is Valentine's Day? Well I could give you a boring history lesson about a man named Saint Valentine (which Valentine they aren't quite sure because apparently it was a popular name back then in A.D. 270) or I can tell you what it means to me. Since I was a kid my parents would get me chocolates and flowers and give me cards to tell me how much they loved me. I'm sure this is the case for many of you, and now that we're older it's our husband, wife, boyfriend etc. (you get what I'm saying) that now do the same. Of course if you aren't married, dating, or "talking" (BTW why do people say that?!) to someone, this is not the case. If you have awesome single gal-pals maybe you'll have a girls night out or as I like to call it, a Bitter Ball. See what I did there? But why can't we use this day as a reminder that we should show and tell each other more than just once a year how much we love that other person?  I have an amazing husband; do we give each other something every year? Sure, but here's a little secret…we do little things for each other all year long! He brings me flowers when I don't feel well or if I'm having a rough day. If I'm in a store and I see something he would like, I get it for him. Same goes for my girlfriends. Yes, Valentine's Day can and should be fun, but what about the other 364 days of the year? With all that said, I put on this purty dress and got ready for my date. It may not be Valentine's Day yet, but I can enjoy his company any day of the year!



Look It's my prom photo! 'insert witty comment here'. This beautiful dress was saved out of a donation bag from my girlfriend Katie B. I like getting good deals and if it's free...even better! A few tweaks, a stitch or two here and there, and tada! Refurbishing old clothes can be fun and no one will ever know.



I kept my accessories minimal because sometimes less is more. This pink fresh water pearl watch can go with practically any outfit, day or night. The rose gold clutch can be used as a statement piece or as a fun addition for everyday. I also like that the clutch has a chain to wear across the body. I have a tendency to put things down and leave them behind. That goes for my head too!


I'll be honest, I can't remember where I got these heels from but I've had them for years (since middle school) and they've probably seen better days. But who cares because they're awesome and they have bows...they make me feel fancy ;).


This beautiful pearl necklace was a gift from my amazing and loving father.  


Black Bow High Heels: Free! Chinese Laundry 
Dress: Free! Sans Souci 
Precious Pearl Watch: $30 Winky Designs
Rose gold Envelope Clutch: $40 Winky Designs 
Pearl Necklace: $1,000.00+ by Sea Magic by Mikimoto





No comments:

Post a Comment